|Category: Wrist Braces|
|Southwest Technologies Elasto-Gel Hot/Cold Wrist Wrap|
|Southwest Technologies WR200 Elasto-Gel Hot/Cold Wrist Wrap|
|Our Price: $25.39|
- Designed to offer therapy of the wrist or may be turned to address finger injuries
- Has a wide and narrow side in the design and can be rotated to fit desired need
- In addition, users have reported this product as excellent therapy around the elbow.
- The product is microwavable so it can provide nearly continuous heat therapy.
- The product is held in place with hook and loop type closures, which allow the user to move about during therapy.
- This product is made with Elasto-Gel, a patented gel with exceptional properties for transferring heat or soothing cold.
- The unique combination of specially selected fabric and tough flexible gel provides an exceptional durable product for use in hospitals, rehabilitation centers, athletic facilities and the home.
- Elasto-Gel Therapy Product Features:
- May be used for either hot or cold therapy
- The hot or cold therapy will last 20 to 40 minutes per application.
- Will not leak if punctured
- Designed to provide moist heat therapy or soothing cold therapy for relief of minor muscular and joint aches and pains without causing trauma to the skin or nerves
- In addition, when used cold, the products remain soft and flexible even at -20ºF (-30°C).
- Will not dry out, become hard or change form
- Has the ability to conform to all contoured areas and move with patient movement
- Covered with a four-way stretch material that allows maximum conformity, heat transfer and comfort
1. COLD THERAPY:
Store the wrap in the freezer for a minimum of two (2) hours. It may be left in the freezer indefinitely until ready to use. It will remain flexible even at -20°F. Remove the wrap prior to defrosting the freezer. Note: Always store products in a plastic bag while in freezer.
2. HEAT THERAPY:
The most convenient method of heating the wrap is in amicrowave oven. Suggested heating times: 600-700 watt microwave: 23-30 Seconds per side, 1100 watt: 20 Seconds per side. Note: all microwaves vary in heating and may have “hot spots”. Be cautious when heating.
Wait one minute (60 seconds) before using. The wrap should feel WARM to the touch, NOT HOT. Hold the wrap firmly against the skin for 30 seconds before re-heating. If the wrap is not warm enough, heat in 10 second increments and rotate the product each time.
The wrap can also be heated in a conventional oven at 250°F for 10-15 minutes. Place wrap on a cookie sheet or baking dish in the center of the oven. Flip the wrap after 6 minutes for even heating.
Caution: Do not overheat! Due to the nature of the gel, it may only feel warm to the touch, but if the wrap has been overheated, too much heat may be transferred to the body and can cause burns.
3. DO NOT GET THE PRODUCTS WET:
The gel will absorb water and swell. If the product becomes damp, lay it on a flat surface and allow it to fully air dry before continuing use. Do not use wet towels under the gel.
4. CLEANING INSTRUCTIONS:
Remove the outside cover and hand wash in cold water and mild soap. Hang up to dry. Wipe the white inner cover with a damp (not wet) cloth using mild soap or disinfectant. Allow the product to fully air dry before continuing to use.