|Smith & Nephew IODOFLEX Pads|
|Smith & Nephew 6602133005 IODOFLEX Pads, 5g Pad (4 cm x 6 cm), 5/Pack|
|Our Price: $82.17|
- IODOFLEX Pads are sterile formulations of Cadexomer Iodine
- When applied to the wound, they absorb fluids, removing exudate, pus and debris and forming a gel over the wound surface.
- As they absorb, iodine is released, killing bacteria and changing color.
- A 3-in-1 mode of action kills bacteria, manages exudate, and debrides the wound bed.
- Slowly releases small amounts of 9% elemental iodine into the wound fluid to reduce bacteria
- For use in cleaning wet ulcers and wounds such as venous stasis ulcers, pressure sores, diabetic foot ulcers, and infected traumatic and surgical wounds.
- Helps Promote Wound Healing
- Exudate and debris is removed effectively.
- IODOFLEX helps to promote a clean wound healing environment.
- A change in color (white) indicates when IODOFLEX should be changed.
- Gel formed over the wound promotes moist healing.
- Accelerated healing rates can lead to earlier patient discharges.
- Fewer Dressing Changes
- IODOFLEX Pads contain Cadexomer iodine which can absorb up to 6 times its weight in fluid.
- Patient comfort
- IODOFLEX Pads treat infection, associated pain is reduced which can improve quality of life.
- IODOFLEX is non-adhesive which can reduce trauma at dressing changes and encourage patient compliance.
- IODOFLEX is contraindicated in:
- patients with known or suspected iodine sensitivity
- Hashimoto's thyroiditis
- non-toxic nodular goitre
- Should not be used by by pregnant or lactating women
Iodine may be absorbed systemically, especially when large wounds are treated. Patients with severely impaired renal function or a past history of any thyroid disorder are more susceptible to alterations in thyroid metabolism with chronic IODOFLEX therapy.
In endemic goitre, there have been isolated reports of hyperthyroidism associated with exogenous idoine.
It has been observed occasionally that an adherent crust can form when IODOFLEX is not changed with sufficient frequency.