|Category: First Aid|
|Smith & Nephew CICA-CARE Adhesive Silicone Gel Sheets|
|Special Order Item: Smith & Nephew 66250707 CICA-CARE Adhesive Silicone Gel Sheet, 5" x 6" Sheet|
|Our Price: $96.51|
- *Special order item; takes approximately 10-14 business days to ship out
- Self-adhesive gel sheet that helps improve the appearance of the majority of red, dark or raised scars
- Durable, comfortable and re-usable, ideal for day and night use
- May be used on children and adults
- Non-irritating even on sensitive skin
- Has been shown to be successful in improving older scars, however results are expected to be most effective in more recent scars
- Within 2-4 months, scars you thought were permanent can be reduced and their appearance improved. Results may vary based on scar type, skin type, age and location.
- Research into how CICA-CARE works suggests that it may occlude the skin to hydrate the scar area. This means moisture is locked into the skin around the scar. The effect of this is to make the scar tissue paler in color, closer to the natural color of your skin.
- Widely used by hospitals, dermatologists, and surgeons for the management of hypertrophic and keloid scars.
- Can be cut to size to fit most scars
- The scar may require more than one piece cut from the sheet to cover the scar. These should be placed edge to edge rather than overlapping each other.
- The skin contact side of CICA-CARE is self adhesive, while the upper side is a strengthening non-adhesive silicone membrane. Therefore secondary fixation may not be required, making the product more user friendly, and can lead to higher patient compliance.
- The silicone membrane and gel combination make CICA-CARE more durable and less likely to “crumble” in comparison to other silicone gel sheets.
- Because it is self-adhesive, CICA-CARE can be easily used in many awkward anatomical locations, including earlobes and sternal areas.
- In order for CICA-CARE to work, it must be in good contact with the scar. If there is too much hair, then shaving may be an option.
- One piece of CICA-CARE can be easily washed and reused. Once it becomes difficult to clean, a new piece should be used. This usually occurs after 14 to 28 day intervals.
- As CICA-CARE can be cut to size, one piece (5 inches x 2 3/8 inches) will enable a 2" scar to be treated for up to 4 months for under $0.50 per day, which is less expensive than a daily newspaper in most countries.
- Do not use ointments or creams under the gel sheet.
- Do not use on skin currently affected by acne.
- Do not use on open wounds, infected wounds, scabs, or over stitches.
- How to Use CICA-CARE
- Step 1: Wash your hands before use and then gently clean the scar and surrounding skin. Thoroughly dry the area before applying CICA-CARE.
- Step 2: Peel the lid from the tray containing CICA-CARE and remove the gel sheet.
- Step 3: With a pair of scissors, cut the sheet to the size of the scar - allowing a little overlap all the way round. Store the remaining gel sheet in a dry place, like the tray the gel came in.
- Step 4: Remove the printed plastic sheet to reveal the adhesive.
- Step 5: Apply CICA-CARE, adhesive side down, to the scarred area without stretching the strip. If your scar is in an awkward position you may wish to use a light bandage or tape to keep CICA-CARE in position. Do not hold the gel sheet too tightly to the skin as this may cause irritation of the scar and surrounding area.
- Step 6: CICA-CARE should be applied to the scar for 4 hours on the first two days of use. The application time should then be increased by 2 hours a day to enable your skin to get used to the gel strip.
- Step 7: Clean CICA-CARE twice daily with a mild soap. Once you've cleaned the gel strip, rinse it well.
- Step 8: Dry the CICA-CARE strip with a non-fluffy towel before re-applying. Ensure the scar and surrounding area is washed too.
- Cleaning CICA-CARE
- To remain fully effective, we recommend CICA-CARE is cleaned twice daily. During warm weather or during periods of increased physical activity, CICA-CARE should be cleaned more frequently to maintain maximum contact between the gel strip and the treatment area.
- Cleaning CICA-CARE is straightforward. Simply wash the strip with a mild soap. Avoid using any other household cleaning products.
- To dry CICA-CARE after cleaning, use a non-fluffy (lint free) cloth and, before reapplying, clean your scar area too.
- For your comfort and convenience, CICA-CARE can be removed for you to wash and bathe as normal.