|PROFORE Multi-layer Compression Bandage Systems|
- PROFORE: Multi-layer Compression Bandage System
- Comprised of a wound contact layer and four bandages
- Specifically designed for managing venous leg ulcers
- Designed to maintain effective levels of compression after application
- Proven effective in both hospital and community treatment studies, the PROFORE system is designed to deliver effective pressure.
- PROFORE provides higher pressure at the ankle, with decreasing pressure exhibited at the calf.
- May be left in place for up to one week. Even a full week after application, PROFORE maintains effective levels of compression.
- PROFORE pads bony prominences for protection and through the use of 2 compression layers, compression is built up gradually.
- PROFORE has sufficient absorptive capacity to manage exudate for up to a full week without needing re-application. The initial applications of PROFORE may have to be changed every 3 to 4 days, when drainage is high.
- Weekly dressing changes reduce the nursing time required for the management of venous leg ulcers. Studies have shown that the multi-layer compression bandage system provides significant savings in cost of care.
- PROFORE system pack contains everything necessary for the application of effective graduated compression therapy. PROFORE reduces preparation time, simplifies stock control and ensures that the correct components are always available.
- The multi-layer compression bandage system has been specifically designed for the management of venous leg ulcers and associated conditions. The system pack can be used on patients with ankle circumferences of greater than 18cm or 7¼ inches (padded).
- Do not use on patients with an ankle brachial pressure index (ABPI) of less than 0.8, or on diabetic patients with advanced small vessel disease.
- Should the patient develop pain or pale, cool or numb extremities distal to the dressing, the bandages should be promptly removed. If the patient has a very thin ankle or very prominent tibial crest, extra padding should be applied to these areas to prevent pressure necrosis.
- Failure to detect significantly reduced arterial flow can result in pressure necrosis, amputation or even death.
- This product has components that contain natural rubber latex which may cause allergic reactions in some individuals.
- The risk of arterial as well as venous disease rises with age.
- Each system pack contains the following:
- One PROFORE wound contact layer
- One PROFORE #1 natural padding bandage
- One PROFORE #2 light conformable dressing
- One PROFORE #3 light compression bandage
- One PROFORE #4 flexible cohesive bandage
- PROFORE LF: Multi-Layer Compression Bandaging System
- Same as PROFORE but latex-free
- Allows the healthcare provider to use it with confidence on allergy-sensitive patients
|Smith & Nephew 5466020016 PROFORE, Multi-layer Compression Bandage System|
|Our Price: $34.77|
|Smith & Nephew 5466020626 PROFORE LF, Multi-Layer Compression Bandaging System|
|Our Price: $37.76|