|Molnlycke Wound Care Mepilex Dressing|
- Absorbent soft silicone dressing consisting of:
- A soft silicone wound-contact layer (Safetac)
- A flexible absorbent pad of polyurethane foam
- An outer film which is vapor permeable and moisture proof
- Soft and highly conformable foam dressing that absorbs exudate and maintains a moist wound environment
- The Safetac technology prevents Mepilex from sticking to the wound bed yet adheres gently to the surrounding skin allowing easy application of secondary fixation.
- In addition, the Safetac layer ensures that the dressing can be changed without damaging the wound or surrounding skin or subjecting the patient to additional pain.
- Absorbs exudate effectively and ensures a low risk of maceration
- Minimizes pain and trauma at dressing changes
- Stays in place, allowing for quick and easy application of compression or retention bandages
- Well suited to be used under compression bandages
- May be cut to suit various wound shapes and difficult-to-dress locations
- Promotes patient comfort during wear
- May remain in place for up to 7 days depending on the condition of the wound
- May be lifted and adjusted without losing its adherent properties
- Low potential for skin irritation and allergy
- May remain in place for several days depending on the condition of the wound
- Can be used in combination with gels
- Designed for a wide range of exuding wounds such as leg and foot ulcers, pressure ulcers and traumatic wounds, such as skin tears and secondary healing wounds
- Gently expands as it takes up exudate
- Instructions for Use
- 1. Cleanse the wound in accordance with normal procedures.
- 2. Dry the surrounding skin thoroughly.
- 3. Remove the release films and apply the adherent side to the wound. Do not stretch.
- 4. For best results, Mepilex should overlap dry surrounding skin by at least 2 cm. If required, Mepilex can be cut.
- 5. When necessary, fixate Mepilex with a bandage or another fixation.
- Frequency of Change: Mepilex may be left in place for several days depending on the condition of the wound and surrounding skin, or as indicated by accepted clinical practice. A change in dressing regimen can result in an initial increased level of exudate which temporarily may require an increased change frequency.
- Precautions: In case of clinical signs of infection the use of Mepilex may be continued if proper infection treatment is initiated. Mepilex should be stored in dry conditions below 95°F (35C). Sterility is guaranteed unless inner package is damaged or opened prior to use. Do not re-sterilize.
|Molnlycke Wound Care SC294390 Mepilex Dressing, 6" X 6", 5/Box|
|Our Price: $94.51|
|Molnlycke Wound Care SC294490 Mepilex Dressing, 8" X 8", 5/Box|
|Our Price: $146.24|