|Molnlycke Wound Care Mepilex Border Dressing|
- Self-adherent soft silicone dressing consisting of:
- A soft silicone wound-contact layer (Safetac)
- An absorbent pad in three layers: a polyurethane foam, a nonwoven layer and a fiber mixture with super absorbent polyacrylate fibers
- An outer film which is vapor permeable and moisture and bacteria proof
- All-in-one foam dressing that effectively absorbs and retains exudate and maintains a moist wound environment
- The Safetac layer seals the wound edges, preventing the exudate from leaking onto the surrounding skin, thus minimizing the risk for maceration.
- The Safetac layer ensures that the dressing can be changed without damaging the wound or surrounding skin or exposing the patient to additional pain.
- Minimizes pain and trauma at dressing changes
- Self-adherent - no secondary fixation needed
- Moisture proof and bacteria proof film backing
- May be used under compression bandages
- Promotes patient comfort during wear
- Designed for ease of use
- May remain in place up to 7 days depending on the condition of the wound
- May be lifted and adjusted without losing its adherent properties
- Low potential for skin irritation and allergy
- Designed for a wide range of exuding wounds such as leg and foot ulcers, pressure ulcers, surgical incisions, and traumatic wounds, such as skin tears, blisters, abrasions and secondary healing wounds. Mepilex Border can also be used on dry/necrotic wounds in combination with gels.
- Mepilex Border absorbs exudate, maintains a moist wound-healing environment and minimizes the risk for maceration.
- As Mepilex Border maintains a moist wound environment, supporting debridement, there might be an initial increase in the wound size. This is normal and to be expected.
- Instructions for Use
- 1. Cleanse the wound in accordance with normal procedures.
- 2. Dry the surrounding skin thoroughly.
- 3. Remove the release films.
- 4. Apply the adherent side to the wound. Do not stretch.
- 5. On dressing removal gently lift one corner and slowly peel back the dressing.
- 6. If extra fixation is needed, fixate only on the borders of the product.
- Frequency of Change
- Mepilex Border may be left in place for several days depending on the condition of the wound and the surrounding skin, or as indicated by accepted clinical practice.
- Mepilex Border should be changed when exudate is present at the pad edges.
- A change in dressing regimen can result in an initial increased level of exudates, which temporarily may require an increased change frequency.
- Precautions: In case of signs of clinical infection, consult a health care professional for adequate infection treatment. Do not use Mepilex Border together with oxidizing agents such as hypochlorite solutions or hydrogen peroxide. Mepilex Border should be stored in dry conditions below 95°F(35°C). Sterility is guaranteed unless inner package is damaged or opened prior to use. Do not re-sterilize.
|Molnlycke Wound Care SC295400 Mepilex Border, 6" x 6", 5/Box|
|Our Price: $69.88|
|Molnlycke Wound Care SC295600 Mepilex Border, 6" X 8", 5/Box|
|Our Price: $86.06|