|3M Littmann Master Classic II Stethoscopes|
|3M 882141 Littmann Master Classic II Stethoscope, Black|
|Our Price: $174.88|
- The excellent acoustic sensitivity of a tunable diaphragm is the hallmark of this superior single-sided stethoscope.
- Award-winning design combines high performance with portable convenience.
- Features a tunable diaphragm, which allows the user to conveniently alternate between low- and high-frequency sounds without turning over the chestpiece
- 27 inches long
- Weight: 155 grams
- Tunable technology provides convenience, versatility and enhanced acoustics. The dual frequency diaphragm combines both bell (low-frequency) and diaphragm (high frequency) into a single side of the chestpiece. You control bell and diaphragm modes by pressure on the chestpiece rather than by turning it over.
- Bell Mode (low-frequency)
- For low-frequency sounds, light contact is used on the chestpiece. The diaphragm membrane is contained by a flexible surround that actually suspends it, allowing the membrane to resonate low-frequency sounds.
- Diaphragm Mode (high-frequency)
For high-frequency sounds, firm contact pressure is used on the chestpiece. By pressing on the chestpiece, the diaphragm membrane moves inward until it reaches an internal ring. The ring simply restricts the diaphragm membrane's movement. It blocks, or attenuates, low-frequency sound and allows you to hear the higher frequency sounds.
No other stethoscope gives you the same quality and efficiency in auscultation. How? Because 3M has the tunable diaphragm technology which allows you to alternate between low and high-frequency sounds without removing the chestpiece.